- A Wine Lover’s Diary, part 805: Tour de France By Wine (and some spirits)
- A Wine Lover’s Diary, part 804: Virtual Picnic in the Loire – and Other Vinous Delights
- A Wine Lover’s Diary, part 803: Bachelder’s Clos Jordanne and a couple of Aussies
- A Wine Lover’s Diary, part 802: The Foreign Affair, Stratus and a Bunch of Other Wines
- A Wine Lover’s Diary, part 801: The Newest Ontario Winery: Wending Home
Follow Tony Aspler
Frank Fraser on A Wine Lover’s Diary, part 759… Bob Josefchak on A Wine Lover’s Diary, part 749… Michael Scott on Wine of the Week for January 2… Cynthia & David… on A Wine Lover’s Diary, part 749… Dale on A Wine Lover’s Diary, part 746…
Tag Archives: Kacaba
This week, a tasting of wines from Kacaba, on the Niagara Escarpment.
Villa Bacchus is a 32-acre estate winery and Bed & Breakfast located on the 75-year-old Commisso farm at the top of the Niagara Escarpment. The winemaker is Andrzej Lipinski, who owns Big Head Wines and is renowned for his appassimento … Continue reading
December 1st: Participated in a webinar entitled “Lebanese Wine Heritage to Canada,” with Toronto sommelier Christina Brown. The purpose of the webinar was to enlighten wine producers in Lebanon about the LCBO and how to access it. We had both … Continue reading
Tuesday, November 24th: A Zoom tasting with winemaker Darryl Brooker, head winemaker for the Mission Hill Family Estates group. Daryl had sent me four sparkling wines by four wineries owned by Anthony von Mandl.
Thomas Bachelder’s Niagara Chardonnays & Pinots “It’s good to talk ancient history with you guys because my head’s still in 2020.” Thomas Bachelder hosted Rick Van Sickle and me in his tasting room at 3999 Locust Lane in Beamsville. He … Continue reading