So you promised your honey dinner on Valentine’s Day and OMG it’s 5 o’clock and you’ve done nothing! Not to fear, for this recipe is from All Recipes (allrecipes.com) by a “Chef in the Making” who is – yes – 14 years old and says, “This recipe is very simple and very delicious also. I can prepare it, and I am a 14 year old boy! This recipe only takes a few minutes to prepare and only a bit longer in the broiler. This goes good with some mashed potatoes with butter and green beans with lemon squeezed on top. This is good, trust me!”
The fact is that it’s incredibly easy and fast, and delivers all the flavour of a dish you’ve spent hours on. Just look at these statistics: Prep 5 minutes, Cook 15 minutes, Ready In 20 minutes. “Yoo-hoo, darling, dinner is ready!”
P.S. Purchase an obscene chocolate dessert to finish off this perfect meal!
- 2 (8 ounce) (1 inch thick) filet mignon steaks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 slices bacon
- Place oven rack in its highest position. Set oven to Broil.
- Rub steaks all over with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with onion powder, then with salt and pepper.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each steak, and secure with a toothpick.
- Place steaks onto a broiler pan, and broil for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Turn the steaks over, and sprinkle the tops with shallots.
- Broil for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until the steaks are cooked to your liking.
Tony’s wine suggestion: Red Burgundy, NZ Pinot Noir; Rhône red.
We wish to thank allrecipes.com for permission to publish photographs and material from their web site.